Curl BC coaching positions available
Curl BC is currently seeking certified coaches interested in one year contract Regional or Assistant Regional Coach positions. Reporting directly to the Provincial Coach, the Coaches will be integral players in the development and delivery of Curl BC’s High Performance program. The successful applicants will be responsible for the preparation and implementation of intermediate to high performance programs including training camps and clinics for athletes and their coaches in conjunction with the Provincial Coach.
1. Provide consulting services to groups of high performance athletes and their team coaches upon request or as directed by the Provincial Coaches
2. Provide group training opportunities for high performance teams or individuals.
3. Attend and assist as required at Provincial Training Camps or events.
4. Provide mentoring opportunities to coaches.
5. Implement Curl BC programs.
a. Organize regional camps, Dartfish video analysis clinics, strategy clinics, delivery and brushing clinics.
b. Organize coaching seminars.
c. Keep up-to-date with current coaching information and theory.
d. Attend meetings as required.
e. Provide reports on activities on a monthly basis to the Provincial Coach.
6. The Provincial Coaches and Executive Director/CEO will provide confirmation on the acceptance of conducting other coaching activities in areas not covered by this agreement.
1. Candidates for the Regional Coach positions must be certified at a minimum of NCCP Level 3.
2. Candidates for the Assistant Regional Coach positions must be certified at a minimum of NCCP Level 2.
3. Candidates must be members in good standing of the Coaching Association of British Columbia.
4. Candidates must have high performance coaching experience in curling
5. Candidates must have experience in using computer programs, including word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, e-mail and the internet
6. Candidates must have strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
7. Candidates must be able to work week nights and weekends as required.
The successful Regional Coach applicants will be contracted for an agreed upon number of hours payable on a monthly basis. Assistant Regional Coaches follow a “pay per service” system.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their resumes in confidence via email to ac.cblrucnull@ogiloskm no later than midnight, June 30th, 2010. Only those candidates that are short listed with be contacted for an interview. Number of positions is dependant on available funding.