Looking for Learning Facilitators in the North and the Interior
Curl BC is accepting applications for Learning Facilitators living in the North or Interior.
Learning Facilitators (LF) are selected based on their demonstrated skill teaching and facilitating workshops. The positions are for a one-year term, renewable annually upon the recommendation of the Master Learning Facilitator and the Executive Director. Assessments (reviews) are done to ensure the instructors continue to meet the needs of the technical program. Training for the first year will be under the supervision of a Master Learning Facilitator or an experienced Learning Facilitator.
Coaching (NCCP) Certification Requirements:
Minimum Level 2 Certified; Prefer Level 3 Technical
The Learning Facilitators report to the Curl BC Executive Director through the Master Learning Facilitator, and work with the Technical & Education Coordinator. The Committee of the Board responsible for Learning Facilitators is the Athlete and Coach Services Committee. The Master Learning Facilitator, in consultation with the Executive Director, will carry out assessments.
- are responsible for instructing the NCCP technical coaching workshops
- will commit to conducting at least one course per year
- will take part in professional development opportunities
- will attend the annual Learning Facilitators’ seminar. This is mandatory, unless special arrangements due to extenuating circumstances are made with the Master Learning Facilitator
- will assist with promoting courses to member facilities
- will make arrangements for transportation and accommodation in preparing for a course
- will obtain all course materials from the Curl BC office, ensure that all required equipment and resources are arranged prior to the course, and return all unused supplies to the Curl BC office within seven days, including all course register forms, cheques for fees, and expense claims
- will mark exams and workbooks as necessary
- will support the policies and philosophies of Curl BC
- will take part in an evaluation process, including the completion of a self-evaluation
Interested applicants should forward their resume to ac.cblrucnull@yttaebh